Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bobcat Whiskers

I've gotten a number of bobcat images at this location, but they are all facing away from the camera, and most are at night.  I was thrilled this time, when this lovely critter came down the trail February 9 at 8:30 in the morning, came in for a close up, and even paused for effect.



This set covered much of January and half of February.  The previous few months there were a lot of deer images.  However, this set of images just had one deer trigger, and the deer was moving slowly, as though it may have an injury.  This set is in a suburban area, with lots of irrigated vegetation.  We have had a very dry fall and winter so far, and finally had a few days of rain in the past couple of weeks.  I wonder if the deer I've been seeing were hanging around the houses for the irrigated vegetation, then moved back to the open space areas when the rain brought up the natural vegetation.

6 comments:

  1. This is the 3rd Bobcat blog post I've seen today! I think that the Bobcat God's are telling me to go out and do some searching for sign :) Thanks for sharing the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fabulous! Love out it stops and shakes its tail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and have fun out there Alyssa. A friend told me he saw some tracks about a week ago. Thanks Trailblazer and Patricia! I love the tail shake also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...but unfortunately my lack of experience tracking Bobs and perhaps our low density of population has left my bobcat-less!

      Delete
    2. You are the third person to mention recently how much harder it is to find Bobcats out east. Lot's of other good animals though :)

      Delete

Nature Blog Network